Thursday, November 10, 2011

Toothless? Tyrannical? Tropical?

Haha! So I totally want to start top 10 Thursdays, but I wanted a super unique fun name (: So I looked up t adjectives... and here are some things that came up!
Toothless
Tyrannical
Tropical
Theivish
Taunting
Triumphant
Thrilling
Turquoise
 Seeing as I'm not toothless (aw darn.. haha just kidding) I don't think that would work. Tyrannical? Me? Yeah! Just kidding! No! Tropical, maybe, except it's November and I want it to be Christmas. The closest was probably turquoise, because I love that color. So, obviously, that attempt was an obvious fail. Anyways,
I'm going to start doing top 10 Thursdays because I think their really fun.

 This one is the top 10 places I would love to go in my life!
*not necessarily in order I would like to see them. Just as they come to mind (:

1. Sweden/Norway... Scandinavian countries

Stockholm 

This one's a bit obvious considering my family's background. My Daddy is a total Swede, my Mom Norwegian, and we have strong family connections here. So many ancestors and things. My Dad goes out every year, and my Mom goes quite frequently too (every other year the past few years). I would just love to see where my ancestors came from, which means kind of where I came from, and the place my family loves so dearly! Plus it's supposed to be stunningly beautiful. I want to see down South by the coast, then up North in the wilderness where you can see the Northern Lights.

2. London, country of England

 
studylanguages.org
This city just seems incredible. So much history! I would love to go to all the museums, parks, ect.

3. Rome, Italy and ancient monuments in Greece


I've been learning about Rome in my History of Western Art class, and have LOVED it. Wow. I mean, these people designed some of the most incredible buildings and sculptures I have ever seen. Their proportions and the techniques they used are incredible! Their government, politics, the way they lived, their society growth then decline.. it is so fascinating. I would love to go see where it all happened and what they built.

4. Jerusalem

From Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, Holy Land
Jerusalem.Where the Saviour walked, lived, and taught.. and where many things happened in the Old and New Testament. I would definitely love to see this. It's also a city filled with so much rich history, and many different cultures consider this place the most sacred in the world. It's been a place of conflict for so long. I just think it would be incredible to go here.
5. France
I would love to see Paris. That one is terribly romantic, obviously. I would also love to see the art. I also want to go to Normandy Beach. I think it would be very powerful. I am very grateful for the soldiers who served and sacrificed then for freedom, and continue to serve and sacrifice today.

6. Germany
I would love to see the castles, and the landscape. I would also like to see the museums in Berlin, where alot of ancient works ended up, because of German excavators that took goods back home. I would also like to see the WWII history, concerning the Holocaust and what happened. I think it would be a powerful experience.
7. Russia
My aunt came here to teach english to children for a few years, and she told me lots of stories about the experiences she had and people she met. Ever since then, I've felt a very strong connection to Russia! I don't know why. They have a very tragic past, and it seems like a place filled with so much emotion. I would just love to go there.

8. Australia
This place seems so COOL! I love the accents! The freaky animals, incredible beaches, beautiful landscape... yes, this would be amazing. I would also love to go see New Zealand while I'm out there (someday!) Just very neat!

9.Hawaii/Yellowstone/Alaska

I know it's random to combine these, but their my "most wanted to go to" places in the USA, and the world is a rather large place - there's so many other things I want to put on this list! So I took the priviledge of combining these. It would just be really neat (: Go to the beach in Hawaii, visit and camp? in Yellowstone, go fishing in Alaska, see a Broadway in NYC, go to North and South Carolina...
I would also like to go to Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Yes, these are all on my list to go. Absolutely.

10. South America
I would love to see the Mayan Ruins. I think they have them in many different countries, honestly I don't know that much about South America. But I would love to go (: Especially to see the ruins of the ancient cities! So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment