Sunday, July 8, 2012

(:

'
I love summer (:
This week was so crazy.
I had the most intense 4th of July firework show of my life...
Seriously. 
The fireworks that explode beautifully 150 feet in the air are a little bit scary when they tip sideways...
 Especially when your sitting right next to them. The first few looked super cool, and it was awesome sitting right beneath them!
But after a few, we lit one, and it must have tipped on it's side.. because suddenly fireworks were exploding all around us in the field, in all directions. We all screamed, and then couldn't stop laughing because it was so crazy. Haha.
And then, for some reason, I'm not quite sure why, we continued setting off those fireworks...
I moved safely across the street, because the random directions of the explosions were making me quite nervous
So they lit the next firework, and suddenly my Mom & Daddy (who were sitting next to me) screamed "RUN!!" and took off running in the opposite direction. I looked over towards the lights, and saw/felt/heard a part of the firework explode just a few short feet from my legs.
Yeah, it was intense.
I jumped up and ran away as fast as I could... and then I looked back, and we realized the neighbor's fence was on fire. So we ran for water, and everyone quickly quenched the flames in time.
Yeah, that was an Independence Day celebration I'll never forget. It's burned in my memory.. literally haha.
Anyways. It was really fun, a bit nerve-wracking, and just a rather intense experience hahaha.
Other then that, life is great (:
Loving the hikes, my family, Institute, being in Utah...
Still looking for a job. I have an interview tomorrow at In n Out (woot woot! Best burgers ever!)
So cross your fingers for me! Or, as the Swede's say, Hold your thumbs (:


Oh, P.S., the last picture is my lovely & hilarious sister, Katharine. She works at a lovely pizza place. She got a free pizza at work the other day... but she rode her bike to work. So the question was, how was she going to get the pizza home? Well, she thought, and thought, and finally came up with a genius idea - She'll siran wrap it to her stomach! Hahahaha. Yeah. So she rode all the way home, with a pizza wrapped around her torso. I have the greatest family.
This is the same girl who had another free pizza another day, and riding home she saw a hobo...
Well, she's a kind soul, so she felt sympathy, and decided to give the hobo her pizza.
She set it down by him and rode off on her bike.
When she got home, she realized she works at a take n bake pizzaria -
so, naturally, the pizza wasn't cooked.
So she gave the hobo (who has no oven) an uncooked pizza.
Hahahaha. Got to love my sister (:
She's the best!


love the 4th! and my country!

my school in the newspaper (: so excited for fall!!


4 comments:

  1. Cute whitney!sounds crazy and fun! We should go hiking now you are here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyndsay, that would be so fun!! Let's do it! Facebook or send me your number (:

      Delete
  2. gorgeous whit. you are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kayla, you gorgeous Ginger. We need to get together this summer!

      Delete