Sunday, November 13, 2011

Williamsburg

This weekend my family and I spent the day at historic Williamsburg - it would usually cost our family about 250$ to go because of ticket prices, but we got in for free because of Veteran's Day weekend, and veterans & their families were free (: It was SO fun! You all know I'm a history lover, so it was basically just a blissful day for me. We visited where Thomas Jefferson studied law, where governors appointed by the king lived, ect. It was such a fun day. I learned a ton, and got some awesome things - another book about Thomas Jefferson & a really cute folk art Christmas scene print of Williamsburg I'm going to frame (: Ate some delicious food, handmade dark chocolate, saw lots of awesome costumes & historical reproductions...What an awesome weekend! So glad I could go with my family too!
The Governor's Palace!

George Washington (:

The Governor's bed... gorgeous!

Awesome blacksmith


Cute brothers!

Handrail, original to the home - where Thomas Jefferson studied law (:

mr. adorable


awesome kid!

pouty

a floating head. Pete climbed into this, used as punishment way back when, and didn't want to get out (:

cute brothers (:


The Capitol

Embarassing! I'm sending this to my architecture professor for extra credit (: Haha


playing the harpsichord. it sounded so cool!

a painter painting downtown. gorgeous!

the leaves are incredible! look how their reflected in the windows

No comments:

Post a Comment