Friday, September 30, 2011

the drawing!

  • composed of 20,000 plus tiny leaves
  • when I say leaves, I mean leaves. There is no mark, no line, no smudge, no shading besides leaves on this thing.. yeah.
  • it's enormous. like the paper is approximately 2 x 2 1/2 feet
  • took me 10 hours (a full series of HBO's John Adams) to finish
  • inspired from my bucket list
  • looks better in person.. I guess in pictures it's easier to see the flaws, which is a good thing in this case!
  • my first major art project (:

    the finished product!
    first step - sorry for the bad quality picture. first sketch out
    second sketch out - the art teacher wanted it more stylized
    beginning the marks!
    
    close up on the symbols
    
Quite the project, eh? So fun to do!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Whitney, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Okay story...in history the other day my professor showed us a clip of the john adams series and I started laughing because I was thinking of how much you love j. adams and how I should tell you about that series (because it was good!) and my professor asks me why I was smiling so much...he didn't undestand. haha but I was right! I knew you'd love it! anyways...that's my story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whitney!!! that looks soooooo good! you are amazing:) love you to death!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks guys (: Kayla! That is freaking amazing!! Haha you should watch all of it (: miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete