Thursday, May 10, 2012

Awkard & Awesome

 Awkward

I had a pretty embarassing moment at Bath and Body Works this week. The saleslady came up to me and cheerfully asked if I wanted to try out this new mousse! I said of course! So I thought, hm, mousse is for hair, correct? I took a giant glob and started scrunching it in my hair, quite happily because it smelled so delightful. I was grinning and pretty ecstatic as I put this great stuff in my hair, because I could tell my hair would have this great volume and would smell fantastic...  and then she informed me that this mousse was lotion. Whoops. Haha. She just laughed, I was totally embarassed, and for the rest of the day I had a quite sparkly and great smelling (if a bit damp) spot in my hair. (In my defense, the stuff really looked like mousse - it was all creamy and mousse-ey. But...yeah. ha)

Awesome

Keeping my goal of working out every day this week (: Woot woot. I am so sore. It feels great, even though it hurts ha. I love it.
Getting a raise at work. Which reminds me of the first time I ever asked for a raise years ago... I was so nervous that I stuttered the entire time. When my boss said yes I was so relieved and ecstatic that the moment I walked out the door, I did this crazy dance all the way down the hall... and completely forgot that he had a huge screen in front of his desk with a live camera feed haha. I'm pretty sure he had a great laugh that day. Anyways, glad I didn't have to ask for this one :) I have a great job.

Reading Atlas Shrugged. It's similiar to The Animal Farm, or Fahrenheight 451, but obviously longer and more in depth. It's a very interesting, thought provoking book.

Other then that, life has been a bit odd lately. Odd in how I just feel like staying at home, all alone, in peace and quiet, cuddled up in a giant blanket with a good book and some peaceful music. I really don't feel like going anywhere or seeing anyone right now. Ha. I absolutely love people, but sometimes I just need to spend time with myself. It may be partly because of the lovely but moody rainy weather. For some reason it reminds me of the ocean. It brings out my serious, thoughtful, lone side. Which is a nice soothing change to my crazy busy life for the past year. But after a while it gets a bit depressing. This weekend or next week I'll get out and do something really light hearted and fun (: But for a little while I'll take a good book, my journal, soothing piano music, and a soft scenic seat by the window.




No comments:

Post a Comment