Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Awkward & Awesome

Awkward

How much I can eat. Seriously. My stomach is a bottomless chasm sometimes.... it's quite unladylike, haha.

Legitimately creepy moments at work. Bleh.

Slurring my words when I welcome customers at work. "Welcome to Craabluuhgksd..." I promise I am sober everyone...really haha.

Driving home at 3 in the morning, and finding my tired brain making lists of random things... such as if the guys I have dated were animals, what animals they would be. Hahaha. Totally entertaining, in a nice "crack yourself up in the car at insane hours of the night" way.

Helped my friend's Mom with a wedding photoshoot - (which was AMAZING) - But the slightly awkward part is being the photographer, it's almost like your not really there... your more part of the background, so it's kind of a fly on the wall type of deal. People don't seem to recognize your listening to them as your taking pictures. So they talk about things they probably usually wouldn't speak of in front of random strangers... family secrets and all sorts of things. No worries, my lips are sealed, but it is definitely an odd feeling.

Also awkward: Taking wedding shots of a gorgeous young woman, who also happens to be younger then I am. That was just weird.

Awesome

Obviously, helping out with my first wedding photoshoot!! They were the cutest couple. I learned so many things, and picked up some awesome tips!
My favorite parts were taking pictures of them dancing in the Library of Congress, glowing with happiness at the DC Temple, and walking by the Capitol with the baby ducks. Soo cute. They were absolutely in love. And it was so fun trooping around DC with them in their wedding clothes and us with our giant cameras. They got all sorts of "Congratulations!" and whistles and even applause from a rather large group of kids. It was a grand ol' time!
Another favorite part of mine was the games & questions the photographer thought of to get real emotions & smiles out of them.. including having them write love letters to eachother and read them quietly to themselves. Great way to catch some real beautiful emotion in pictures, & it was such a sweet moment (:

Open House this weekend. Making an absolute, for sure decision about school within a week or so...

Virginia Beach all weekend!! Woot woot (: Too bad I won't be in DC for Memorial Day - dang! - but the beach is definitely going to be awesome!! So ready for that sunshine, ocean waves, and playing on the beach!

and last, but definitely not least, having time to paint.

Since visiting Arlington a few weeks ago I've been working on a painting for Memorial Day, just because of how beautiful & meaningful to me that experience was. I don't have the most developed skill or talent, but I get out the paints and brushes, turn on some music, and quickly become completely, blissfully absorbed. I absolutely love it... so I'm looking forward to taking classes & getting more practice to enhance that talent! Until then, I'll just keep practicing for fun & to learn from my mistakes & get better.

I'm excited to get the pictures I took from the wedding, from her camera that my friend's mother, and now my friend ha, graciously let me  borrow. Those are comin' soon, hopefully (:
and that's the end, for now!

strawberry heart in my cereal (:

pretty roses, & extremely rare splurge on a new purse! (bargain deal, of course!)

Arlington painting. Happy Memorial Day


drying roses by the pots in the kitchen (:

A happy heart comes first, then the happy face! (can't remember who said that right now.. but love it!)

Captain America!!
I know, I know, he looks like he's 14... haha. Oh well. Someday I'll hang it up in my kid's room (:


Painting I did for Mother's Day

... and Isaac is hilarious. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment