Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentines Day...


Pinned Image
probably one of my most favorite romantic photos ever!
I know I blogged yesterday, but I'm stuck in the library between classes & it's Valentines Day! So I'll write a little bit (: To be honest, this Valentines day I've got a pretty hot date... with frozen yogurt and working register for a ton of cute couples going on dates! Haha. Yeah, I'll be working. Fun, right?
Luckily I'm not one of those girls who vehemently despises Valentines Day. I like it. I think it's fun :)
Boys are sweet, there are usually a few funny/odd/cute experiences, and it's just a cute holiday! If you don't have an attractive hunk, no big deal! You can hang out with your friends. You can go shopping & scope out cute guys, & point out the cute old couples holding hands while your out there. It's fun to make cupcakes (or a healthy snack) & watch chick flicks with your best friend, or your sister, or even by yourself! It can totally even be a Legally Blonde girl power kind of day, or Pride & Prejudice awesome romance kick kinda day.
Even if your working at a frozen yogurt shop (:
However, I think it's funner (more fun?) to spend it with other people. I love how my family does Valentines Day.
My Daddy always writes my Mom a super sweet card, with little drawings on it, and it is so cute! She always gets flowers too.
I made cupcakes with my Mommy yesterday, with pink funfetti sprinkles and strawberry frosting. They were so adorable!
It's fun to see wedding pictures & pictures of my parents from over the years. Pretty crazy!

I have some pretty fun & crazy stories about Valentines Days past.
However, my favorite Valentines Day memory, and the one that encompasses the type of feeling I like about this holiday, is when I was really little. All I remember is wearing a pretty dress to my kindergarten or first grade class, and as I was about to leave for school, my Daddy came to me and gave me this beautiful gold charm necklace and a huge hug. I absolutely loved it!  and felt so loved by my Dad. Just simple and sweet.

Thanks to my friends & family who make me feel loved all year long!
and hopefully someday I'll have a handsome, strong, funny best friend who will get me flowers and write me sweet love letters (: I'm excited for that day!

Happy Valentines Day!

To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
-Brandi Snyder

It is a curious thought, but it is when you see people looking ridiculous when you realize how much you love them - Agatha Christie (It's funny how often true this statement is haha)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
-Audrey Hepburn
Never frown, you never know whose falling in love with your smile (:

When you look for the good in others, you discover the best of yourself - Martin Walsh

1 comment: