Sunday, February 5, 2012

Goals

So, yesterday I went to Walmart with Jacob, Adam, and Peter. My 3 youngest brothers, ages 11, 7, and 5. Their absolutely adorable (and go absolutely crazy at Walmart! Gotta love them.) Anyways, the cashier was commenting on how cute they are as they were picking out candy bars, and she turned and asked me "are they... your brothers? or yours?" Whoa! "Their my brothers," I answered right away. She laughed and started telling me about her family. But that experience got me thinking.
I look old enough to be a Mom. That is weird.
But it's also a bit of a wake up call, because although it's years away, it's probably going to come alot faster than I think it is.
So it made me think, am I on the right track to being the type of Mom I want to be?
I can definitely be a lot better in some things.
So... I'm going to work on being more patient. and trying to see things from other people's perspectives more. and be more compassionate. and learn how to cook atleast 3 good dinners. and make sure I go to the temple more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment