Thursday, September 8, 2011

let's hear it for..

the great things in life!

the seemingly small, insignificant things in life are sometimes the best

for example,
sunbeams shining softly through a window
waving hi to my new friend - the cheerful, sweet old man who drives the mary wash cleaning cart
standing on the bridge over the river, listening to the water rush and the leaves rustle in the wind
begin reading homework, and soon (quite unintentionally) lose myself in daydreams
driving in the car, listening to frank sinatra
listening to the rain pour
reading my scriptures to flickering lamplight (the power went out ... again)
snuggling in a warm sweatshirt and a tall glass of kefir

the more busy and crazy my life gets, the more appreciation I have for the quiet peaceful moments
yeah. life is wonderful (:

today the avoidance of capitals is my personal break from school. haha. when I actually should be doing homework right now... bleh

meeting a lot of new people, and am learning a lot. the world is a very, very diverse place - but I feel everyone does want to be respected, and cared about. it's good to have a mission, to know who I am and why I'm here. I'm looking forward to learning and growing , slowly but surely, more experienced and strong as time goes on..

I have incredible people in my life. I'm so blessed (: we may not agree on everything, and they are all quite different from eachother. but it doesn't mean their any less meaningful or mean as much to me. I love them!

also - weird fact - peter just started kindergarten. same year I started college. how weird is that?

okay, homework time. enough random rambling... everyone knows this is total procrastination.
asta lavista,

-Whit

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship
- Louisa May Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment