Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Forget

Today was very meaningful. This morning we dressed up and went to the Navy base for a service for 9/11, where they read the names of those who passed away on the flight headed toward the capital and those in the Pentagon. It was powerful being with the men and women in uniform, who serve so much. Then we went to stake conference, which was awesome. I love listening to the general authorities. Hearing their testimonies and talks always strengthens my own testimony, and gives me insights how to be better. Afterwards the family took cupcakes to the King George firefighters - as a thank you for their service. It was awesome. They loved the cupcakes, and took us to see their firetrucks - which were SWEET! I got to sit in one! The firefighter unexpectedly honked the horn suuper loud, so loud it shook my teeth! It was crazy, haha. It was great though. I love my country. I appreciate so much the men and women who sacrifice so much to defend freedom, and to help others be safe. I'm so grateful for them. They deserve so much thanks. They are true heroes, often unnamed and not thought of. But it's true. So.. yeah. Great day (: I love the gospel. I love my country. I love my family and the great people in my life (:

Whit

our cute house


card and cupcakes


Dad speaking



Dad and Mommy


myself, by the lovely sign

Hannah and I

Jacob in the firetruck

Fun!

Adam

Right after the horn... soo loud!

firetruck

Crosses in front of the fire station, with a name on each of them of some who died this day 10 years ago

Peter, pretending to be a fireman

my crazy brothers and sisters (:

No comments:

Post a Comment