Friday, July 20, 2012

A Lovely Afternoon

Lately life has been lovely
Just so relaxing and fun and ordinary. Ha.
I finished another journal (: This will be like my 9th or 10th... I'm not quite sure how many I've written now. But I've kept one since I was 8.
Crazy, huh? It sounds so nerdy, haha.
I just have always had so much to write, and think about! Their so funny to go back and read, especially in my 8 year old days. I'm not sure who will ever want to read them besides me, haha, but yeah.
It's just refreshing to be able to write whatever I like, with no worries about anyone else reading it or misunderstanding or judging... or making me totally embarrassed (:
It helps sort out life and thoughts, and I think it's just healthy for the soul (:
At least my soul. Ha.
Anyways,
I had a total splurge fun girl's day with my sister & Mom.
We cleaned out our boat, then decided to use our yummy food coupons we got for running in the Mud Run.
It's funny they give the runners all these junk food coupons, haha. It's like their trying to fatten us up!
Except we train and run and burn it all off, so it's all good (:
Anyways, talking about embarrassing stories and dating experiences (awesome & awkward haha. favorite quote: "He has a kissing spot, like your Daddy!" (aka bald spot)) and boys,  accompanied with Chick fil A fry sauce, diet lemonade, and frozen yogurt made for a great afternoon.
And that's that. Don't ya love summer days? It's been a bit frustrating not having a job, but in some ways I'm pretty grateful. Probably won't see Daddy & Mom & Katharine for another year, or longer, so it's nice spending so much time with them. I miss them a ton when I'm gone. So I'm soaking it up while I can. It's really nice. I must say though, I do miss Virginia. I'm looking forward to going back & starting school & being back East again. I really love it out there. And SVU is going to be a grand adventure (:
One more random thought,
Some people in my family are most likely getting a divorce, I just found out. I'm not judging, or saying anything negative about anyone. I completely support and love my family quite dearly. But I was thinking about it, and I think it's safe to say probably about half my family, or maybe slightly more or less, have been through a divorce. It's really sad :( Tough stuff. Again, I'm not judging. Ha. But it's hard. It's really sad, especially for the kids involved. It kind of scares me how common it is, for my future. But I am going to be so careful who I marry (in that far off day, ha). So, so, so careful. It really is the most important decision a person makes. I'm going to do everything in my power to have a strong marriage, and will marry someone who will do the same. I don't want my kids to have to go through the stuff I did. And marriage is supposed to be a wonderful thing - yeah, definitely tough times and things you have to work through - but it's so worth working through it, and I think it can also be the greatest source of joy & friendship & happiness in life! Really! 
Luckily, even when tragic things happen, the Lord has a way of making good things come out of really tough situations. I'm so blessed to have the people in my family that I do. I'm so glad my parents have been able to build happy, strong marriages and have a strong family, even with a tough past. It's quite a miracle that people can move on and be happy and find peace & joy in their lives. So there's so much hope, well, there is always hope for the future. I'm so grateful for that (:
And now, I am done rambling. Off for a fun Friday night with the sista (: 
Last note - a great quote my Mom's putting in her book she's writing about step-families -
The grass is greener on the side you water! So true!
okay, the end (:


I know, I write Goodnight at the end when I write in my journal... I'll just pretend it's cool that I'm a total cheeseball haha
I heart coupons (:

Mom!

(:

Delicious, juicy burger!! Chicken burger! Yum!




massive frozen yogurt (: haha



yummy! cake batter, chocolate, & peanut butter (: and oreos! (luckily I worked out today)



No comments:

Post a Comment