Friday, April 13, 2012

..

The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments
                    Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Man, that is so true! I have done so much pondering this week, and have spent alot of time on my knees. It's funny how times in my life when I'm trying to make big decisions, how much spending time alone just driving or spending time in nature helps me have peace. Yesterday I had an hour or so to spare and I just sat by the river, watching the sunset and thinking about what I want my life to be. It just brought so much peace to my heart. I know the Lord is looking out for me.. and I know I'm doing the best I can. I'll know what to do. I think I've always known my life was going to be an adventure. Nothing ever goes the way I think it will exactly, and I don't think it ever will.  It can be a very bumpy ride, that leaves my heart bruised and battered sometimes. Through that, however, I have learned and gained strength, and am becoming the person I want to be, slowly but surely. I am learning so much. It's never boring. And really, life is so good. I have so many incredible blessings, I am awed by what I am given every day.What a blessing my life is (:
Easter was okay, I missed the kids and Daddy and Mom. But I thought alot about the Atonement, and about the Savior, and that way it's always such a beautiful reminder. I've been feeling homemaker-y lately, and so I made coconut crepes. They weren't supposed to be coconut, but it turned out to be one of the most delicious mistakes of my life, so I feel fortunate. I also got to spend time with a handsome, admirable young man, who I haven't seen for quite a while. He made me laugh, and made me remember how much I'm going to miss him. However, I'm happy that he is so happy, and that he's doing such good things with his life. He's off on the Lord's errand, and is doing what he's supposed to be!
As for me, I now just need to figure out what I am supposed to do. That's exciting, but stressful. I'm just excited to know what will be happening, to finally make that decision. There's some pretty great things coming ahead, I know that for sure. It's an exciting journey.
alright, that is the end, for now :)



Easter treats (:
Writing letters :)




Best accidental recipe EVER. Seriously, instead of 2 tsp coconut oil, use 2 tsp coconut flavoring and 2 tsp canola oil. It's like a tropical vacation in your mouth! Yum!!
Just cookin (:




The beautiful coconut crepes!




This is the 2nd flag that was flown on Iwo Jima. It was a really awesome thing to see, even though it wasn't a significant part of the battle at all, just made incredibly famous from the photograph. I am doing a super goofy face in this picture, but it's the only one I have, so oh well








My Easter dinner... haha. yeah. I know your jealous (:

1 comment:

  1. Whit, you are so cute! I love this & miss you. I'm glad everything is going so well!!

    ReplyDelete