Friday, April 20, 2012

Perfect Day (:

On this perfect day,
Nothing's standing in my way
On this perfect day,
Nothin' can go wrong
It's the perfect day,
Tomorrow's gonna come too soon
I could stay, forever as I am
-Hoku, Perfect Day
I love the Legally Blonde soundtrack during the summer! Greatest workout music - and overall sunglasses, sunshiney weather music - ever. That and Jack Johnson (:

This week has been pretty crazy.
Even though I'm diabetic, and am totally cool and chill about giving myself shots when I need to, going to the doctor for one still made me nervous. Haha. So I was all worried that this tetanus shot was going to hurt, and that it would be this giant needle. Well, it was a big needle, but the Doctor just gave it to me, and I was surprised! It didn't hurt at all! I've given myself shots that hurt way worse then that. I told the doctor that, and he said "Yeah, just wait". About that time my whole arm went numb... and has been sore ever since. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but it's just really sore still.. and it's been 2 days later. Maybe my arm had a weird reaction to it. I'm not sure. But I'm not complaining or anything, I'm very grateful for vaccines and medicine and everything. It's just interesting how things that are really good for you can be really painful sometimes.

I got to help teach a Mormon 101 presentation at Germanna Community College this week! It was so cool. It was a former stake pres. giving the presentation, and a friend from the YSA branch and I hitched along to help answer questions, but mostly to have fellow college students who are actually LDS there. It made it more relateable to the students, and more relaxed I think. But it was so neat! It was a great experience, and we were able to talk about some really cool things. I should be used to it by now, but having spent about half of my life in Utah, it still throws me off how the church is just completely foreign to most people in the world. Things such as the Godhead, which is Heavenly Father,  His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, were really difficult for some people to understand. I absolutely loved talking to the people there though, they were awesome and we had some really great discussions.
There is one thing I wish I would have done different though - when I walked in, I was carrying my Book of Mormon. I wasn't sure if it was the right room or not, so I asked this guy if this was the Mormonism 101 presentation. He said yes, and immediately asked if I was a Mormon. I laughed and said yes, and we just started talking. Anyways, long story short, he saw my scriptures sitting on my lap, and asked "Is that a Book of Mormon?" I said "yes!" and immediately his eyes just sparked with interest, and I could tell he wanted to take a look really bad. I was going to offer it to him to look at, but I didn't. I don't know why, we just started talking about other things and then the professor walked in to introduce us Mormons to the class. Ha. But I just feel really bad, and now I promise myself if I ever see anyone interested in taking a look at my scriptures or curious about the gospel in any way, I'm definitely going to be open and take the initiative to share it with them.

This week I also got to meet the NCIS and they were really cool. We're doing some really cool drawings in my Drawing class, which are super messy and awesome. I'm just so excited for school to be out. When it is, I think I'm going to sleep for a week. Ha. I have some really big decisions coming up.. man. Life is never boring. And that is the end, for today :)


Here's the Drawing studio!

So were working with compressed charcoal. The process: Step 1. Make a giant puddle on the table. Step 2: Lay the paper on the giant puddle. Step 3: Put more water on the paper until it's totally soaked. Step 4: Draw with the compressed charcoal, which makes delightfully loose, expressive, intense strokes. Step 5: Hang it on the wall to dry.

And here's what happens to me when I work with compressed charcoal.. or do art in general. Haha.

I'll put up pictures of my drawings when I'm done with them!


1 comment:

  1. Whit you are too cool! Don't you just love drawing with charcoal? It's the best! I can't wait to see your drawings!

    ReplyDelete