Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rockin' with Kenny (:


I can't remember when you weren't there
When I didn't care for anyone but you
I swear we've been through everything there is
Can't imagine anything we've missed
Can't imagine anything the two of us can't do

Through the years, you've never let me down
You turned my life around, the sweetest days I've found
I've found with you ... Through the years
I've never been afraid, I've loved the life we've made
And I'm so glad I've stayed, right here with you
Through the years
Through the Years - Kenny Rogers

This song is so cute! I think the lyrics are just the sweetest, and someday when I'm 65 I want to sing it to my beloved old husband haha.

I went to my first concert this weekend! It was, obviously, Kenny Rogers!!
Okay, okay, the average age of the audience was probably... about 65 hahaha. This concert was a year after his Golden Great 50 years album so... yeah haha. Not sure if it was the usual concert atmosphere (: But man, those old ladies were so excited to see Kenny! Hannah sat by this cute old lady decked out in her vintage hippie 60s fringed leather jacket. She was dancing and singing her heart out the entire time. Then when Kenny started singing his famous love song, she stood up, put both of her hands over her heart, and stood alone just completely enraptured for the song haha. She was having a great time! The other ladies were all dressed up in their lace and frilly clothes. It was so cute! And really, it was so fun. (:
I honestly don't listen to Kenny Rogers, if I listen to oldies it's definitely the Beatles or Frank Sinatra or more of the jazzy, big band sounds. But I grew up listening to some of his music, and the concert brought back so many road trip memories as a kid. I also got to go with my funny parents and my lovely sister, so it was a great time. Thanks Dad for the tickets! Got em' for my birthday, so huge thank you (: And thanks Kenny for the great concert! (Kenny was awesome. And I laugh whenever I say his name for some reason hahaha)
One concert I would love to go to, though, is Three Doors Down... that would be awesome!
Here are some pictures from my rockin' weekend (:
Oh, I forgot to mention, his voice sounded incredible. I mean, it was like listening to the cd. He's definitely still got that incredible talent, even with his age. That was awesome!

'the eyebrow'

We look so alike!! It's crazy!

Hannah's a cutie (:

Kenny's creeping behind us hahaha

This lady was SO excited! Just clapping and smiling the whole time!

Cute guitar

The man himself! Ow ow!

Kenny's totally rockin (;

Mmm, Crave after!




We're pink (:


No comments:

Post a Comment