Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's Here!!!

hikin.

what a ham.

(:

sunset in the Shenandoah Valley

so beautiful.





Ahhh this makes me so happy(:

 
IT'S HERE!!


:D (ignore the grossness from a long day at work, ha)
 

So, I'm blogging here at a quite ridiculous hour of the morning, because... MY MISSION CALL IS HERE!!!! (: Woot woot!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited to open that beautiful white envelope and see where I'll be serving for the next year and a half of my life. It's actually real, everyone. I'm officially going to serve a mission. It's Sister Morris, here I come!
Tomorrow I'll be opening my call, in Fredericksburg so my Dad & brother can be there. We'll have a lovely family picnic... as a celebration after I open it, of course. (:
This has been such a miracle in my life. Honestly. I've grown so much, even since my decision to leave.... and I have been so, so, so blessed. My entire family and I. I won't go into details, but a major issue that has been plaguing me for over a year now has been officially resolved, beyond what I barely dared to hope for, and has completely worked out. Everything fell into place, everything that was completely out of my control. Isn't it a miracle that the day I receive my mission call, we find out that everything's been resolved? It is no coincidence, ha. I have been so incredibly blessed. I can hardly believe it, and I think it's going to take a while to sink in. It's absolutely amazing, and wonderful.
Anyhow, I had two pretty neat epiphanies a few weeks ago I would like to share about my mission call. I've known since before I decided that if I went, I would probably go stateside because of my diabetes. Well, this didn't bother me too much, because I am sincerely excited to go wherever I go (: It's about the people and the spirit of the mission and serving the Lord, not the travel experience ha. Anyways. I had this epiphany that my mission call, if it's stateside, won't be because I'm diabetic. It will be because I'm going exactly where the Lord wants me to serve. (: Me being diabetic is no surprise to Him, ha. And the second epiphany that really sunk in - after reading an article on the Huffington Post about the "Most and Least Mormon" states... is that stateside missions, and really missions anywhere, are so needed and are so important.
People have the oddest ideas about Mormons. Honestly. There are so many misconceptions out there, and so many more people who have no idea what we believe. And the saddest part about this to me, besides having to explain what we truly believe ha, is that this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ, has been the greatest source of peace, joy, and strength in my life. I've had some really rough times in my life - as we all have. And the knowledge I have that God is there, and that He hears and answers my prayers, and truly loves me, is one that has kept me going when I didn't know if I could. And the truths and principles found in the scriptures are ones that have given me a guideline to develop a strong character, and to become the best that I can be. (even though I know I've got a long ways to go, ha.)
I wish I had the eloquence and the power of writing to convince people that the happiness and peace that's found in keeping God's commandments and developing a relationship with Him is real and is true... but I don't. I do, however, know that although my testimony is simple, and is still growing, it is real. I believe that this Church is true, that the true Church of Jesus Christ is restored on the earth. I believe with all my mind and my heart that the Book of Mormon is true. I've felt the witness of it's truthfulness as I've studied it, and pondered it, and as I've applied it's teachings and principles in my life. I would ask, if you haven't read it, that you would be willing to sincerely give it a chance. If you aren't sure if God is there, but have even a glimmer of a belief or hope that He may, please have the courage and enough desire to find the truth to kneel and pray, that if He is there, He will let you know. I know that He will, because I've been there. He has always answered me. But don't take my word for it, ha, try it for yourself. (: Seek and ye shall find. Seriously. Question with boldness, as Thomas Jefferson said. If you need help with those questions, I know some people and some excellent sources that can help (: Ha.
Man, I'm loving life and everyone right now. I'm so happy. and that's the end... until tomorrow!! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment