Tuesday, August 13, 2013

knights in shining armour, missionary outfits, and other fun news.

a minion twinkie at the yard sale!
 
the knight in our house.

this skirt cost a whoppin' one dollar (:
 

 

 

shirt brand: ny&company. usually like sixty dollar shirts. I got this for ONE BUCK at a yard sale. Woot woot!
 (I have bought so many clothes from that brand on clearance for my mission... they have really classy clothes.)
 

this skirt, funny enough, is Victoria Secret brand. (I didn't even know they made skirts...) Got it for two dollars.  shirt, one dollar.
 

 
 
The past month (okay, months)...(okay, summer) has been so crazy busy. Today I felt like one of those drained, worn out adults who is so grumpy at their job and who has zeroooo energy. I guess that's what happens when you work every single day (except Sundays) for two or three weeks... sometimes with eighteen hour days. I wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed, and wake up to do the same thing over again... Ahhh! So happy I have a day off tomorrow! I feel like this waking up early, working hard all day, coming home exhausted and going right to bed stuff is preparing me in some ways for my mission ha. I mean, that will be a different kind of work, that will be much more rewarding than a paycheck every week. But... yeah. Anyways.

This past week we went to a forty mile long yard sale. SO fun. We found tons of really cool stuff, including some ultra-cheap, classy, super cute mission clothes (as seen above). We even came home with a suit of armour to put in our house. I'm thinking of doing a knight photoshoot, with him cooking breakfast, doing laundry, feeding the chickens, watching tv.... could be quite hilarious. He's like six feet tall. Needless to say, we had a good time.

The funniest thing happened with Adam - he was scratching my back, and scratched my bra strap, and asked what it was. I told him "Oh, don't worry about it". He immediately exclaimed, "Oh, I know! It's your underwear!" Peter turned and looked at me in disgust, and yelled "Your underwear goes all the way up to THERE??!" Funniest moment of my life.

This week I also found some more fantastic deals on missionary wear. I am so, so blessed :) I've also been reading my scriptures and Jesus the Christ, and I've been learning so much. It's quite amazing how much you can grow when you finally make the decision on where you want to go. :) And... my call should be here soon!!! Within two to three weeks, I hope!

Life is so good! And the church is true. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment