|It's so funny to walk across the field and have this huge flock of sheep follow you everywhere (:|
|my map of the places I've lived, & the sea of memories|
|The perfect place to dance.|
|beautiful Hannah (:|
- being hit on by an older man - probably at least fifty - who plays in the country band at the weddings I cater.
- redneck weddings, where right after the ceremony the groom promptly strips off his shirt and shoes and walks around shirtless for the rest of the night. including when he dances, cuts the cake, ect.
- I drew an outline of the USA, with little flags of all the places we've lived. & then filled in the surrounding "ocean" with memories. Art is so fun. (:
- having a mini dance/jump on the bed in the barn attic party. that is truly exhilarating
- getting sheep. They are the funniest creatures I have encountered in my life, except maybe chickens when Isaac is around. Every time I see them I think of that childhood movie - Babe, the one about the little pig in the country - and the sheep who say "Baaa ram yooo". Comedy gold.
- sitting on the ground with a bucket of grain and having the said sheep completely surround you trying to eat. Probably one of the cutest moments I've ever seen :) And one of the quickest ways to laugh and get a huge smile on your face.
- polka-ing in the church parking lot
- seeing Jenny Oaks Baker perform on the violin. She's Pres. Oak's daughter, and went to a music school in Philadelphia, then went to Julliard. She talked about how she was nominated for a Grammy, and how she started trying to fill her life with fancy things - trying (unsuccessfully) to convince her husband to buy a bigger house, buying fancy dresses & things, and eating fancy chocolate. She talked about how she just wasn't happy. And that she learned that even though she could buy fancy dresses, it didn't mean she was going to get invited to fancy parties. And that fancy chocolate leads to gaining some weight, which meant trying a kick-butt workout to get it off, which was pretty painful. She ended by saying as cool as the Grammy's were, as glamorous as the event was, it didn't compare to walking the halls of the temple with the peace and beautiful spirit that is there. It was an excellent talk. (:
- and, lastly, this band. My Name Is You. Precisely, the song I'll Be Waiting. It's not on youtube, so I definitely advise you to look it up on spotify, right now. gotta love excellent music.