Wednesday, May 8, 2013

rainy days & strummin'







poor Jacob, being sick :(




our goofy but awesome watchdog (:









 Some days it just rains and rains and rains outside, and for some reason it just drains the energy right outta ya. All you can do is stay inside, read some Jane Austen, eat some sunflower seeds, and strum some on your guitar. (when I say strum, I mean slowly learning to play from the beginner of beginners books... but I can play simple songs now (: ) This summer is gonna be... interesting. Work has been fantastic, catering at all these fun joints with awesome people that I absolutely LOVE (and sometimes cuss like sailors) make it an adventure and hilarious. Being home has been great too, with my family. I love being with my brothers and sisters, and getting close to them again, since I've been gone. I feel a little bit like Sleeping Beauty though... there aren't too many people my age around, so while my friends are all getting married or going on missions, I'm just in my pretty little house in the woods with my family and my horses. It's a wee bit lonely sometimes.Which isn't bad - sometimes you just have to let yourself feel what you feel, and just accept it. But you let yourself feel it, and then you remember all the amazing blessings you have in your life - like the beautiful world right outside, my awesome family, great books... the list is endless. and it gives you a chance to come closer to God, and to look really deeply in yourself and figure things out. And when you come closer to Him, and understand yourself, you don't feel so lonely anymore. Especially when you realize there are people out there you can get to know, who normally you wouldn't have a chance to. So that's been a huge blessing. It'll be a good summer. :)
 (.... and, I may or may not be picking up a Southern twang. Hopefully I don't sound like I'm coming from Dixie when I get back to school, but we'll see!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having some relax time mixed with twinges of soul diving and change. I wish we could share some summer time with you! But I will check in on your blog and we'll have to skype sometime :) It would be great to see you in 'real' life :) Hope you have a great week! All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete