Thursday, February 21, 2013

summertime soul





Mm, I cannot wait until summertime :)

I want to soak up the warm sun, wear shorts, and walk barefoot on the beach. 

I'm listening to Louis Armstrong, and the jazzy, relaxing music paints the perfect summery picture in my head.
and I want to be there.

Away from the cold, and the midterms. and even farther away from the cold.
I think, if I were a season, I would be summer.
Just easygoing, and happy with the simple things, and loving to go on adventures - 
even if it's just going out to eat at a new restaurant, or finding a new hike to go on.

This summer will be in a brand new house, in a brand new place, once again!

We have lived in...

Utah. 
Illinois. (Nauvoo, specifically(: )
Pennsylvania, 
New Jersey
Colorado
Oregon
and most recently, Virginia.

Luckily, my family is staying in Virginia this move around, and I am so grateful for that. I absolutely love it here (:
Virginia is probably my favorite - although Utah & Colorado are pretty high up there too.

People always ask me what it's been like, moving around so much

and it's been hard, but it's also been amazing.
Funny how those two traits are paired together pretty often, huh?

The people I've met, and the experiences I've had, are ones that I couldn't have had any other way, and are ones I wouldn't trade the world for.
It's amazing how different the cultures and people are within our own country, and it's amazing how there are people who are kind and who are good and who influence your life for the better everywhere you go.


It's definitely shaped who I am

I mean, always making new friends and changing schools gave me some good social-skills, but let's face it - sometimes - especially being me - it is just awkward! haha.

Especially being the really sweet, kinda shy new girl.
So it's taught me to be independent, and not rely on other people for my happiness
and how to reach out to people who maybe normally you wouldn't usually be friends with - really, how to make (& be) a friend to pretty much anyone
and how to just be happy with myself, on my own
It's given me a passion for learning new things and seeing new places
and how to appreciate every place & every person for the uniqueness & goodness they have
and it's taught me to rely on the Lord for my happiness and strength
and to be close to my family, because they make the best friends ever.

and so... it's been a great life. I wouldn't have it any other way (:
Makes planning a little difficult though, for the future. I honestly have no idea what to expect, and no idea where I'll end up.... what things life will throw at me.
if I could choose right now, I would choose Virginia - probably somewhere up by DC.
But we'll see how the story unfolds (:

I'm countin' down the days till summer!




1 comment:

  1. This was lovely to read. Feeling rather excited about the summer now! Lol

    ReplyDelete