Friday, March 1, 2013

my family, & a grateful heart (:

It's Friday night, and I'm sitting at home, with my family around me, just feeling so happy, and so content. (:
I love being home. I love my family; they mean everything to me. The ones I get to see often, and the ones that are far away. family, and friendship and love, give the meaning and the joy to my life.
it's so weird - coming home today, it felt different then it usually does.
I walked in the door, tired from driving & visiting the doctor. I dropped my suitcase on the floor, and my little brother opened the door, and I was so excited to see them. and they were happy to see me, too :)
and I immediately felt so content, and comfortable, and warm and happy.
and a little sad, because my brother & sister & daddy & mom, who I miss.
but  I just feel so grateful that I can have my family, forever.
they are the best. every single one of them.
they have helped me so so so much.
we've been through alot together,
and we still have alot to go through.

even with all the mistakes we've made along the way,
I woudn't trade them for anything in the world. and I am so grateful that God put me in the family I'm in. they have helped make me who I am, and have taught me so much, and I love them. So much.

the thought that sticks out to me most right now, is that having a family is having a place where I am safe. the idea that I have a place with them where I am just me, and they really love and accept and understand me, even with my weaknesses and awkward quirks and the mistakes I make. they see the good in me, and they love me :)

and I just feel so content to be home.
being grown up changes how you see your family, I think.

I had a lovely conversation with Adam - my 8 year old brother.
He said, "Whitney, it's so weird to think about growing up! I don't know what's going to happen!"

Adam, I agree.
Maybe we never grow out of that stage, ha. But one thing I do know, is that whatever happens, as long as I have my family, and follow my Savior, Jesus Christ - the best that I can, even though I fall short - whatever happens, it's going to be good.

thanks, guys. (: love you.

and, pictures from a long time ago. (: excited to have time to take more, & paint, during spring break (:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment