Thursday, February 7, 2013

thursday.

Pinned Image

and.. it's thursday already.
does anybody else feel like time is just speeding by?
it's so crazy!
some pretty awesome things have happened recently.
this past weekend, I went caving with some awesome friends. Needless to say, it was a crazy awesome experience.
we hiked down the mountain, using ropes to scale down the hills, and climbed into the caves, and explored for a few hours.
we encountered some wild bats, massive spiders, a rat, and a happy looking clay-man.
we climbed up treacherous cliffs along thin walls, with deep chasms going into the hill
and crawled through spaces that made us wiggle through small tunnels on our bellies.
it was also flooded from all the rain, so we got unbelievably muddy & soaking wet!
it was so amazing!
it was so  beautiful inside as well - with the glittering fool's gold ceiling, that looked like stars.
I also felt like a total rock star wearing a headlamp and my friend's Army hat, haha.
It was sweet :)
on the way out though... well...
it was about eight when we crawled out of the caves.
we were soaking wet, and tired, and happy (from the amazing exploring)
and we go out of the warm cave - and it's snowing. and dark. and we are soaking wet, and tired!
so we struggled back up the hill. and I honestly thought there was a possibility I could die - or atleast get frostbite.
my hands and feet were frozen, and us girls were emotional from being so tired and so cold
there is no way we could have made it back without help from eachother.
but, after what felt like forever, we made it back to the car!
so we are at the car, in the blizzard, putting our stuff in the trunk
when this other car (cruising through the blizzard) slows down to help us
we start to wave to them that it's okay, but suddenly
they slipped on the ice, lost control of the car, and it spun around the road a few times, bouncing off the sides of the bridge walls!
the guys ran over to help them, and luckily everyone was okay.
but it was the craziest night I have had in forever - probably makes the top ten list of the craziest nights of my life, haha.
it was so crazy!! but it was an amazing experience... just being in nature, with great friends, and just feeling close to God, because I know He helped us out - especially at the end, hiking up those snowy hills...
anyways.
it's been a great week :)

besides that,
my classes are making me want to travel to europe & study art & sketch there
I'm surrounded by lovely, awesome people who just inspire me every day

I also had a random experience, haha

I was walking to class, and I was looking down at my feet, thinking about something...
I got to the door, and this guy opened it for me.
 I looked up to say thank you, and we made eye contact -
 and it was the most intense stare!
We both just stared at eachother, and then he said "Hi Whitney" and walked away.
I was shocked! He knew my name! And.. I have no idea who he is.
He was very handsome, and nice, and I have no idea who he is.
But that's okay. It's nice to take a break from guys for a while :)
it's lovely caring about someone, but it's also so awkward and can be completely distracting and painful in the beginning haha
(although the things I'm learning in marriage & family is definitely helping my confusion with guys)
so, yeah. anyways. I'm perfectly happy with my single, lovely friends life for now, and just takin' life how it comes - while I work toward my goals & enjoy the steps along the way.

so... life is good.
last night I drew, for hours, and cleaned, and read, and talked to my mom.
and I woke up this morning feeling more peace in my heart then I've felt in a long time.
so life is good (:



No comments:

Post a Comment