Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SVU Days (:

It's the first day of classes today!!
SVU has been amazing, ever since I moved in.
Awesome:
It's absolutely beautiful. The rolling hills, the fog in the morning, the awesome view from the Lofts...
My roommates. Their super cute, fun girls - really different from each other, but really fun.
My first class this morning. I was soo nervous for Spanish. I had a pretty intimidating experience with it at Mary Wash. But my Professor turned out to be this really cute, friendly old man, who is not intimidating (phewf!).
We're going to begin class each morning by singing a hymn in Spanish. How awesome is that?? I love having the gospel in my everyday classes, and being able to feel the Spirit wherever I go.
That class couldn't have gone better (:

There have been a few awkward moments -
Like, the very first dinner I eat here, the person from my past came and sat right at my table! Awkward! Really, what are the chances? Even at SVU? Haha. But she was super nice, and it hasn't been awkward since!
Also, I ran into a guy I went on a few dates with last summer at the YSA branch. I went up to talk to him, because it's good to see a familiar face! And we were friends back then. I always liked him as a friend, nothing more! Anyways, he was nice to me, but seemed rather uncomfortable ... and then he introduced me to this really pretty girl next to him, who turned out to be his wife. She was really nice too, but seemed like she thought I was going to try and steal him away or something. That was so awkward! I would never, ever do anything like that, obviously.. even if I had been completely infatuated with him. And we were just friends in the first place! But ever since then he's totally ignored me.
I guess that was my first experience with that really, really awkward feeling that comes in situations like that.. haha.
I promise, when I'm married, I'm definitely going to be kind to the people I went on dates with! And not be awkward!

Aside from those awkward moments and those cheesy get to know you games they always play with new students, school has been awesome.
I'm so excited for my classes - jogging, Western Democracy, College Comp, Math.. okay, not so much Math. But I met my professor there as well, and she was the sweetest lady ever too. She gave me a hug after I met with her! So I know she'll be happy to help me, and my mathematically-challenged brain.

I'm especially excited for Institute, and football games! 

Another awesome thing is Lexington, which is about 10 minutes away from Buena Vista.
It is the prettiest town! It feels like a mix of Fredericksburg and Boston to me.. the streets are very twisty and beautiful, with lots of cozy little shops.
Washington & Lee University & Virginia Military Institute are there, right next to eachother.
Today while job hunting I took a few hours to explore those campuses too.
Their also very beautiful!
VMI looks like a castle - it's so cool.
All the cadets wearing their uniforms are extremely handsome, and super polite.
They always tip their hat and say hi quite charmingly when I walk by!
It's so fun (:

And now, off to class again (: SVU is great!

Soccer game w/ the roomies (: We won!

My cute little bed, with no pictures on the corkboard.. yet.


first day (:

No comments:

Post a Comment