Friday, August 24, 2012

Top 10 Reasons Why I'm Excited for School (:


10. SVU has such a beautiful campus! I absolutely love the red buildings. It's nestled in the hills
(you just can't tell a rocky mountain girl that those hills are mountains haha)
of southern Virginia and it's just so green and beautiful (: I'm especially excited for fall! The colors will be breathtaking. (:

9. My classes. Especially my history of Western Democracy classes... and jogging class! Not so much for Spanish & Math. But, aw well, it will be great!

8. The LDS environment. I mean, diversity and getting to know tons of people is always awesome. I love meeting new people and learning about their varying lives & backgrounds & beliefs (:
But it will  be so nice to be in an environment where people completely understand & share my beliefs and standards!

7. Being around cute guys (: Especially cute LDS guys! And I just found out my ward is the one with all the VMI (Virginia Military Institute) students... woot woot (;

6. Living on my own! This is a big step for being completely on my own. I am so excited for that.

5. Making friends! I've never lived with tons of people all my age before. It will be a blast having fun roommates & just making great friends (: and having the opportunity to be a great friend!

4. Joining clubs & being involved! Institute will be amazing. And I think the Outdoor Club is calling my name (:

3. This is silly, but I'm excited to wear my new school clothes (: & shoes! One of the funnest feelings is wearing your snazzy new outfit for school haha. And carrying around your brand new school supplies... highlighters & notebooks & pens & folders... I'm such a nerd, but that stuff is so fun!

2. The Professors seem amazing! Everyone I've met there is so friendly and helpful. And I'm excited that I'll be able to really get to know my Professors & people in my classes

1. The awesome experiences!
From those weird things you do with friends at like 2 in the morning... (on the weekend, of course), to the studying intensely late in the library, to those awkward/funny dates and the great dates in between (: to walking around campus.... to cheering at football games & going to dances!
And all those crazy, random, but awesome things that just happen in life... especially in college life, haha.

SVU will just be so great. I'm so excited, and so grateful I have this opportunity (:

One more week!!

(some pictures via google, bing, & flickr. excited to take some of my own, too)



  

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. So happy your so excited! Can't wait to hear what your first week of school is like :) Thanks for writing your fabulous 10. Nothing like being a college student on your very own :)
    Writing to you from a hostel in Upsalla Sweden - this city predates Viking times and there's magic in the air :) Will post pictures on my FB as we go along. Take care! Love and hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete