Saturday, September 15, 2012

life of a knight (:

So the last week has pretty much been the bomb.com.
College life is so fun (:
Classes have been amazing! I can't decide which one class is my favorite.. probably Spanish (mucho loco, right? haha) or Western Political Theory. Or Institute, of course! Or Math, even more surprisingly. Last week we got to bring pineapples to class.. for math. Yeah, it's legit. haha. My Professor is from Germany, and she is such a fun lady. She reminds me of my Farmor (:
In the times when we're not studying, or working out, or eating, or sleeping, my friends & I do all kinds of fun things!
Like hang out with our unofficial ping pong club.
Or go to parties (honor code friendly, of course). or laugh at Raquel cheering"Let's Go Boys!!" at the top of her lungs at soccer games. or dancing & chilling at concerts. or painting faces & cheering at football games! or dressing up & heading out to the dances. or we just hang out and talk about boys & random stuff.
It is soo fun (:
I also got a job, finally! And my boss is a slightly scary but really sweet lady. We're becoming friends! 
This weekend we went to the VMI Parade! That was so fun!
It was really cool to see - they do some of the same training routines & exercises (not sure what their officially called) with their guns that the troops in the 1700s learned.
They also marched up and down the field, and had a big marching band.
My awesome friends & I started talking to some of the cadets during the parade, and we learned some cool things about VMI! And about them! I guess it's a much different experience being in the parade then on the sidelines, haha. I'm glad we could talk to them!
Anyways, it was super fun, and in the end we got some pictures to memorialize the great afternoon.
It has been a great week (:

go knights! (:

cute friends! & I suck at taking pictures! poor Raquel.. haha

Funny story - I wanted a picture just me with them. So I awkwardly walked around, trying to figure out how I could position myself to make the picture look okay! Suddenly the NY cadet said "Hey! How about we carry you?" Thus this picture was born!

cute friends (:

ow ow!

chapel @ VMI



the parade (:

No comments:

Post a Comment