Tuesday, March 12, 2013

healthy schmealthy & all that jazz


Today I bought a blender.
This past week in health - (yes, I am still taking health in college - I think I've taken this class like 4 times now, from middle school 'till now. But, I digress...) we watched this flick about a man who went on a juice diet for 60 days. He didn't eat one tiny morsel of food, but instead drank juice made from fruits and veggies. I watched him talk in wonder as he talked about how much energy he had, and how great he felt, and how healthy his body became, and I wanted to try it so badly! So I went home and did some research (aka looked at delicious recipes & health benefits online).
This research was promising, so I went to Walmart in search of a college-student-budget-I-can-afford-this blender or juicer. The lucky blender-finder odds were with me, and I found a snazzy little one that works wonderfully! It's not only steel, with blending food action, but the top blender part also comes off, so I can just blend my breakfast, flip it upside down, take the blender part off, and it becomes a cup! With a lid!
So cool. I love handy kitchen gadgets.
Of course, I couldn't simply just buy a blender - one must buy ingredients too! And once you start buying ingredients, you can't just choose one. There are so many delightful options! My cart quickly filled up with bananas, strawberries (frozen - their cheaper), spinach, yogurt, and pineapple (canned - cheaper, & the juice is delicious). 
So, when I came home, I made my first smoothie - and it was drink every single last drop good! 
Mmm, mmm, mm. It tastes like the Naked juice, which is almost four dollars for a tiny bottle. 
Great deal. 

Okay, enough of the blender smoothie schpeal... I am so excited for it (:
And I do still want to try a juicer someday soon.
Summer makes me so happy. The beautiful weather - the hints of spring coming and the warmth coming again - make me want to be healthier for some reason, and make me want to be outside constantly. 
It's so fun exploring Lexington with friends, and just walking outside just for the joy of the fresh air and sunshine on your skin and in your hair. 
I am so excited to run more this summer - I'm thinking of training for a half marathon, again. 
And to ride horses.... summer will be positively lovely. (: and my delicious new fruit smoothies will be too. yum.
in honor of the delicious fruits & veggies, here's a cute song that I adore. feel free to listen





No comments:

Post a Comment