Monday, October 17, 2011

Is it bad

to say your boss reminds you of Willy Wonka? In a wonderful, ice cream and chocolate, not mean way at all? It's great! That's how awesome my job is!

Anyways, do you know what is beautiful in fall? Virginia. Wow. My drive to church down twisting, skinny country roads with light splattering through the trees and leaves whirling everywhere - now that is beautiful. There's all these Baptist and Episcopal? churches everywhere, with these gorgeous old graveyards that are just so fun to walk around in during this time of year. It is stunning (:

My life:
-so glad Midterms are over
-having interesting dreams. i.e. myself going back in time, and following my childhood me - looking at me as a child, and me as a child recognizing it's me... weird.
-date to see art galleries in downtown Fredericksburg, way fun!
-new photography project - take 30 something pictures of traits such as greed, pride, gluttony, joy, ect
-helping put up lights at the Washington DC temple = SO fun! Soo beautiful, and just awesome! What on earth is better then Christmas lights at the temple? And helping to put them up? That is just fantastic.
-Happy Birthday Dexter! seeing him go to a high school dance (: odd experience, but so cute. He's so handsome!
-got visiting teaching assignments! I'm such a nerd, but I'm actually super excited - a really good friend is my companion, and I'm way excited to make friends with all the ladies I'll be visiting!

and... that's the major highlights for now, I suppose. That's this weekend. We'll see what this week brings.
graveyard, at a Baptist church, on the way to church. I want to go back when it's closer to evening for the lighting. It's beautiful!

some cute squash in the garden!

Peter and Adam are.. adorable

A freaky snake I ran into while exploring the graveyard

The Baptist church I explored had a prayer walk that led through the forest behind, and these were at the end. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we don't use crosses as a symbol of our religion, but these were so beautiful in the fall leaves, and do symbolize Christ's sacrifice to many people. The picture doesn't do it justice. The scene was gorgeous (:

Some gravestones, lots of them dated to the 1800's - kind of cool!

Isaac's a stud

Pretty much my life for a while. Sketching, painting, being outside.. yep (:

A bench at UMW. We have the most gorgeous campus! I feel like I've walked back into the Civil War era

Peter is.. soo... cute..
the end, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment