Monday, March 21, 2011

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head...




This week has been an ouch week. Major ouch, after major ouch, after major ouch.
My heart is feeling a little sore... a little black and blue. It's funny how life just gets going great, and then suddenly everything kind of hits all at once, from all directions.
Your kind of left spinning wondering what the heck happened. So, I am going to make a list of things that make me happy, and the great things in my life. Because I think it will cheer me up (:

So..

I love the night sky, to start out with. I just got back from Macey's, and looking up at the sky is just... wow. What other words to describe it?
When I look at the sky, it makes me feel so little. Like out of the grand scheme of the universe, with all these colossal galaxies, my problems and my trials are so little. There is so much out there.. it just puts everything in perspective. And then I think of how the Maker of those universes and those galaxies made me too, and how He loves me and cares about me, and knows me better than I know myself. As my young women leader's say, God don't make no junk. It makes me have hope that everything will be ok. Everything will work out. I've just gotta do my best.

I am so grateful for the awesome people I have in my life. One of the happiest things in my life right now is having these random 14 and 15 year old boys dropping by my house just to hang out. I'm sure it seems like such a small deal to them, I'm sure it doesn't even register to them how much that can mean. But sometimes it gets lonely. I miss my family so much. SO much. They add so much vibrancy to my life, and when their gone there's a piece of myself that goes missing. So it means a lot of have these neighborhood kids drop by just to hang out. It's like having another kid brother. I can be totally silly and ridiculous, playing video games and watching stupid scary youtube videos, and not have a worry in the world about them judging you. Just total acceptance, and a cute little unconditional friend.

I wish people had more common sense. I wish people knew how to be a good friend. How it means being there for someone, even when it's hard. How it means you have to reach out sometimes to be kind and go the extra step. They find ways to overcome walls that stand between them. Even when it's hard. Real friends don't just give up on ya. It doesn't mean making huge things out of little dramas that happen. Does it even matter? Out of what's really important, does it really matter? It's worth overcoming. It's worth stepping over that wall, and fixing it. But it can't be a one person effort.. and it has to be honest. You can't be fake or that doesn't fix anything.

I know I could be a better friend. I can be a lot kinder to people. I know I need to work on reaching out and being there. It's hard when they hurt you. But I will do my best to be kind, and remember what's most important. At least I can say that I tried.

I'm really grateful for people in my life who have had the kindness to reach out and be accepting and just be so, so kind. It's amazing how much just little nice things can add up and make a difference to someone! It just makes life so much better! Why doesn't everyone do it? The world would be such a happier place!
Things will work out, one way or another. I know there's good things coming (: and I have lots of happy things in my life. I've gotta remember to live in the moment. Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take, but by the moments that take your breathe away <3

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

[trumpet]

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

- B.J. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment