Sunday, April 7, 2013

spring is coming











Spring is finally here. It is absolutely beautiful outside - the blossoms blooming in the trees, the sunlight warming the earth and bringing all the lovely plants back to life, and making my heart want to be outside as much as possible, whether taking pictures or walking with friends or just enjoying the sunlight and the beauty. It takes my breath away.

It's been becoming spring inside of me too, lately. The chill and the fog of confusion and doubt and fear is starting to melt away, and light is coming. I can feel it. 

Today is April 7th, 2013. 
Twelve years ago today, I was baptized. Even as an eight year old girl, I could feel in my heart Heavenly Father's love for me. Sometimes - when I read the scriptures or pray or tell Him my sorrows or sorry for things I've done wrong - I still feel that love, so strongly, in my heart. 
I have been so blessed in my life. My family is incredible. I live in a country where I am safe, where I have clean water and an abundance of every need, where I have the freedom to make my own choices and choose my life path. I've been born of good parents, who love me, and want the best for me.

I am so grateful for my life, for my family. For my wonderful, wonderful friends. And for my Heavenly Father, who loves me, and will never forsake me. Who loves me enough to teach me hard things, and patiently teaches me simple truths - even though it can take me a long time to understand

My heart is so filled with gratitude today, and I hope to take what I've learned and ponder it, and study it in my mind. I want to act on what I've learned - even in small ways. I want to grow, and be able to be strong, and be able to help others. I believe, if I just live doing these simple things, with gratitude and trying to be humble and selfless, that life will be very, very happy, and immensely fulfilling.
Spring is coming. (:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post. I love reading over your blog. I always feel a sudden whirl of contentment being smothered over me. :)

    ReplyDelete