Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's humbling. When you kind of brush somebody off, wrapped up in your all important little bubble, thinking everything in your life is just so important. And then you find out what the other person is going through. And then you feel like a jerk, and realize how self absorbed you have really been.
Everyone has pain. Everyone has problems. Everyone. Nobody is exempt.. and even though some people's pain seems smaller or less dramatic then somebody else's, it doesn't make that pain any less meaningful or hurtful to the person going through it. Even people whose lives seem so perfect from the outside. You never know what is going on behind closed doors, what the world doesn't see, what secret trials and pains people have. I went to a church meeting a few weeks ago, and the woman speaking said that she wished everyone in that room could see each other at their lowest points. Now that seems like a funny thing to say, but I wish that too. I think people would be able to relate to each other more, and I think there would be more opportunities for compassion and love and kindness.
You just never know what somebody is going through. I know in my life, it would have helped a lot if I could have opened up to someone and just been accepted and loved and have received a little help, even if it was just a listening, caring ear. I guess a lot of that is probably my own fault. But I know it can mean so much to someone to reach out and be kind. And by reaching out and being kind and accepting, it lightens somebody else's burden...
This world is a really hard place sometimes, for everyone. I guess that's kind of what life is all about. Just helping each other out and being there for them, in thick and thin. Watching out for others, and being a friend. Being sincere. Treating others how you want to be treated. I don't want to forget that.
Sorry, that was depressing. Just my thoughts for the week, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment